Register now & get up to 50% financial aid at leading educational institutions - guaranteed!
The College of St. Scholastica is a Catholic Benedictine institution and the only autonomous private college in northeastern Minnesota. The College was formed in 1912 by an assembly of pioneering Benedictine Sisters who presented college courses to six young women. Nowadays St. Scholastica educates more than 3250 men and women and has graduated over 16,000 alumni. The College is ruled by its mission statement, the letter of motivation, their assortment and the Declaration of values of the Benedictine community, generosity, reverence, love of learning and administration. The 186-acre campus is situated in Duluth, on a hill overlooking Lake Superior. Campus buildings are: majestic Tower Hall, the Science Center, Lady Queen of Peace Chapel, at Burns Wellness Commons, the 500-seat Mitchell Auditorium, College Library, St. Scholastica Theater Somers residence, Cedar, Kersten Scanlon and apartments and several small residential buildings. Next to the school are St. Scholastica Monastery, home of the Benedictine Sisters, Westwood senior apartments, and the Health Center Benedictine, which accommodates the needs of the Duluth area and offers opportunities for convenient experience numerous of the College of Health Sciences and behavior of students in arts and sciences.
The College of St. Scholastica is credited by the Commission, Higher Education, and an associate of the North Central Association. Curricula are credited by the following specialized associations:
· Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
· Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
· Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
· Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) ·
· Teacher Education Accreditation Council
The respective graduate programs are approved by the following associations or agencies:
· Minnesota Board of Nursing
· Minnesota Board of Teaching
The College of St. Scholastica is a associate of:
· American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
· American Association of Colleges of Nursing
· American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
· American Library Association
· Association of Gerontology in Higher Education
· Association of American Colleges and Universities
· Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
· Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions
· Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
· Council of Independent Colleges
· Minnesota Private College Council
· National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
· National Collegiate Honors Council
Certificates & Licensures
What Students Have To Say
Thanks to the World Wide Academics Education Portal that helped me in choosing a suitable and an affordable online university for my studies ahead. I learned more about the education world through the portal than I could ever have learned by doing research on my own.
As per Online Education Standard, its rating is 5 out of 5.
Earl B. Stephens